- To help your child learn how to have a long lasting relationship with Jesus.
- To give your child the academic and social skills he/she needs to be successful in the classroom.
- To provide a supportive and fun classroom environment.
- To help your child make new friends and discover new interests.
- Students will be learning strategies and vocabulary to improve their reading fluency and comprehension.
- The reading block is divided into Read Aloud, Shared Reading in which the focus skill is introduced, Guided Reading in which the focus skill is practiced in a small group setting, and Independent Reading where students read and respond in their journals.
- Students need to be reading books on their level and when available, take a comprehension test when they finish reading a book.
- The subjects covered in class:
- Reading and Writing
- Social Studies
- Music, Art, & P.E.
- Students will demonstrate mastery of skills and strategies required to solve mathematics problems appropriate for their grade level. Some of the concepts covered will include graphing, decimals, fractions, division, and geometry.
- It is essential that your child know his/her multiplication facts.
- This year we will cover Botany: The study of Plants.
- Students are required to complete two science experiments/projects the first and 4th quarter.
We are excited to learn about history from the time of exploration through the American Revolution.
- Your child will have to read for 20 minutes, complete the reading log, and do math homework every school night. (Except for Wednesday and Friday)
- Occasionally your child will have additional reading homework.
- Bible, Science, and Social Studies homework will be given on an as needed basis.
Students in 3rd, 4th 5th & 6th grades will be tested in the last week of September .
Our classroom is a community. In our community, we have rules to help us get along with each other.Our classroom rules are:
Raise your hand before you speak
Listen politely to others
Please clean up after yourself.
Do your very best!
- Please initial your child’s homework after you have checked it has been completed. Please write any notes that you have for me and put it in your child’s folder. Tell your child to let me know if you have written a note.
- Remember to write a note or let me know personally if your child’s transportation changes.
My Contact Information
Phone number: 843-614-1311 (call or text)